Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Honor Roll

As I venture where every married woman has gone before, I'm learning all about the sneaky marketing tricks businesses use to provide the service of helping you part with your paychecks. Don't think because these wedding businesses are run by women with heart-shaped jewelry and frosted lipstick that they are going to be as soft and fuzzy with their pricing!

I channeled the business major in me and jotted down a couple of the scenarios to watch out for!

The Bait and Switch
-Oooh this photography package only costs one dollar sign? But wait, if I want a human photographer it costs two dollar signs? And then it's another three dollar signs to actually develop the film???

The "Platinum" Package
-You're worth it. You only get married once. Or, you only get married twice and this time you better do it right! Did I mention you're worth it?

The Schwag
-Pay for the Mercedes of flower packages, including the lifesize Mercedes MADE out of flowers, and we'll throw in this super awesome keychain in the shape of a flower FOR FREE! Why haven't you signed up yet? For you, we'll throw in a tote bag!

The All-Exclusive
-The venue fee includes the walls, the floors and the roof. If you want lights, that's extra. If you want heat or A/C, that's extra. If you want sound, that's extra. If you want the outside, that's extra... you get the idea.




So, to keep things positive and solution-oriented here on Way Too Much Wedding, I am going to begin my Honor Roll series where each week I will highlight a business that passes my No B.S. standard. These are businesses that respect our time, our intelligence and our money! They are the people who go out of their way to make us feel special and NOT just after they find out we want the Platinum Package (you don't need the Platinum Package! See above).

Next Wednesday I will announce the first business to make my Honor Roll- and it just so happens to be the venue I booked for my own wedding!!! The lovebug and I booked this past weekend and we are so excited! I can't to share it with everyone next week!

Until then, enjoy the cliffhanger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment